NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 12:30 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Groin Strain! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TaxalOffline
Post subject: DeathBowl XVII Year of Goblin October 15/16 2022 *CHARITY*  PostPosted: Jun 21, 2022 - 12:52 PM

Canada
I am now officially starting to take payments and/or rosters !!

Send rosters and /or payment to danchap99@gmail.com

ROSTER (Deadline October 8th)
Up to the 15th of September you will recieve 5 free raffle tickets
From the 16th of September till 30th of September you recieve 3 raffle tickets

PAYMENT (No Deadline)
Up to the 15th of September you will recieve 3 free raffle tickets
From the 16th of September till 30th of September you recieve 1 raffle tickets

Any payment or roster after the 30th you do not get any extra raffle tickets

Players (cost 40$)

Schedule

Saturday
09:00-09:30 Register
09:30-01:00 Deathbowl Game 1
01:00-01:45 Lunch
01:45-05:15 Deathbowl Game 2
05:15-06:00 Dinner
06:00-09:30 Deathbowl Game 3
Sunday
10:00-01:30 Deathbowl Game 4
02:00-02:30 Awards/Prizes/Pictures

Multizone
140 Bd Gréber
Gatineau, QC Canada
J8T 6H5

October 15/16 2022

1. Ryan McKenzie (rando) $$ ##(3 tickets)
2. Colin Keillar (runki khrum) $$ ## (3+5 tickets)
3. Ben Tusim (Ben) $$ ## (3+5 tickets)
4. Zarek Giroux (ZerefDragneel) ## (5 tickets)
5. Austin Shelton (purple_nurple) ## (3 tickets)
6. Scott Campbell (modedaala) $$ ## (1+3 tickets)
7. Leathan Keillar (L3athalk) $$ ## (1+3 tickets)
8. Rod Davidson (clan_skaven) ## (5 tickets)
9. Greg Skelton (sewerRat) ## (5 tickets)
10. Joe Michaud (Grell) $$ ## (3+5 tickets)
11. Pat Gilbert (bellowthunderslam) $$ ## (1+3 tickets)
12. Martyn McGowan (Meerkul_Moggins) $$ ## (3+5 tickets)
13. Chris Despres (Buffalo_Chris) $$ (3 tickets)
14. Manuel Leclerc (Manz27)
15. Stephen Jarrett (drakenspear) $$ ## (3+5 tickets)
16. Solo Fugere (metalpunk123) $$ ##(1+3 tickets)

Odd man
1. Mark Hickling (chewblocka) ##
2. Adam Jones (jrock56) $$ ## (3+5 tickets)
3. Dan Chaput (taxal) $$ ##

$$ payment
## roster

Tournament Rules

Resurrection style tournament where teams will reset after each game. No injuries, deaths, or star player points are collected. Therefore, you will begin each game with the same roster.

Team Creation

Each coach must purchase a MINIMUM 12 players to field for the tournament. Only the inducements listed below are available.

TIER 1 (1.25 million) includes; Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Lizardmen, Norse, Orc, Skaven, Undead, Wood Elf
TIER 2 (1.30 million) includes, Chaos Renegades, Khorne, High Elf, Human, Necromantic, Nobility, OWA, Pro Elf, Slann
TIER 3 (1.35 million) includes; Black Orc, Chaos Chosen, Khemri, Underworld, Nurgle, Vampire
TIER 4 (1.35 million) includes, Goblin, Halfling, Ogres, Snotling

Upgrades

TIER 1 -2 secondaries max, 2 of any skill/mutation (ie: only 2 blocks)
TIER 2 -4 secondaries max. 2 of any skill/mutation (ie: only 2 blocks)
TIER 3 -6 secondaries max, +1 movement, +1 passing and +1 armor each allowed, 3 of any skill/mutation (ie: only 3 blocks)
TIER 4 -8 secondaries max, +1 movement, +1 passing and +1 armor each allowed, +1 strength or +1 agility allowed, 4 of any skill/mutation (ie: only 4 blocks)

Inducements

0-2 Wandering Apothecaries 100,000 gp each (not available to teams that cannot hire an apothecary)
0-1 Mortuary Assistant 100,000 gp (" Sylvainian Spotlight " teams only)
0-1 Plague Doctor 100,000 gp (" Favoured of Nurgle" teams only)
0-1 Riotous Rookies 100,000 gp ( "Low Cost Linemen" teams only)
0-1 Halfling Master Chef 300,000 gp ( 100,000 gp " Halfling Thimble Cup " teams only)
0-1 Hireling Sports Wizard 150.000 gp

Improvement Cost
Primary skill +20,000
Secondary skill +40,000
+1 AV +10,000
+1 PA +20,000
+1 MA +30,000
+1 AG +40,000
+1 ST +50,000

MAX: 3 upgrades per player !
YEAR OF…..
Each year there is a theme team and said team will receive a minor gift
This year it is the Goblin team that will receive said gift
If you play goblin this year you will get the chance to pick 1 of the 3 squig options for free
Squig:

MA ST PA AG AV Skills
Lickey Squig 3 1 X 2+ 5+ Dodge, Leap, Stunty, Titchy, No Hands, Dirty Player
Muscle Squig 3 1 X 2+ 5+ Dodge, Leap, Stunty, Titchy, No Hands, Dauntless
Sexy Squig 3 1 X 2+ 5+ Dodge, Leap, Stunty, Titchy, No Hands, Hypnotic Gaze

Game & Turn Time Limits

The schedule is tight so the time limits for games will be strictly controlled

To make sure all coaches get an even amount of time at play, a turn time limit of 3.5 minutes per turn will apply. When the time limit runs out the coach can finish the move of the active player only.
The games may finish in ties and there is NO OVERTIME!

Turn Etiquette

During the Death Bowl round you may bargain and negotiate as much as you like in your own turn or in an opponent coaches turn if they initiate the discussion. However, as all coaches have a time limit for their turns it is impolite and against the rules to initiate such a discussion during an opponent’s turn. It is unfair to all the coaches at the table and indeed the tournament for another coach to advise on another coach’s actions. While it is acceptable to remind a coach to move a player to block a potential TD, it is not acceptable to plan their entire turn.

Alliance Bowl

The Deathbowl Association received numerous complaints over the past few years about the alliances that like races have been forming to further themselves in the tournament. The most recent being the Zon-Zon alliance from a few years ago. We have concluded that openly aiding each other in Deathbowl should be part of the game. Of course, there are instances where getting in the way
on defence, assisting on a block, outright throwing a block to aid in your cause are perfectly acceptable. Throwing a pass or handing off directly to an opposing team has been banned. You may no longer throw a pass directly to the opposition, if it happens to scatter to them or bounce to them that is permitted. If they happen to have diving catch that would also be deemed acceptable as the target square is not directly at an opposing player.
Handing off the ball to an opponent is not permitted either as the fans in many stadiums have rioted and looted because of this, causing injuries and damage countless times.

Tournament Format

The tournament will consist of 4 games of Deathbowl following the SWISS-style format. In the first game each coach will be randomly drawn with an opponent

Deathbowl Rules

The Pitch and Setup

Deathbowl is played on a specially designed pitch with four teams and two balls. The teams line up on or behind the line of scrimmage in their own set up section. Each coach must have at least three players on the line, with no players in the wide zones. Each coach lines up according to direct opponent matchup for the round. There is no kick-off. The balls are placed in one of the four center squares, randomly chosen (D4 & D3). All players must set-up their teams on the field at the same time with a minimum of 12 players and a maximum of 16 players. A D6 roll is made by each coach with the highest roll going first in gameplay and continue clockwise from there for the half.

Continuous Play is now in effect. After the initial set-up play continues until halftime and then does the same until the end of the game after halftime. Play does not stop for any reason, including touchdowns! After halftime the player who took the last turn in the first half has the first turn and play progresses counter-clockwise around the table.

Fame and Weather have no effect on the game of Deathbowl.

Scoring

A teams turn ends if a player enters the end zone and scores a touchdown. If a player carrying a ball enters the end zone on a square containing a ball on the ground, the scatter is resolved before the turn ends. This is the only currently identified way to score two touchdowns in a single player turn. Once a touchdown is scored the ball is removed from the field and re-enters play on one of the four centre squares (roll a D4) and stops there, unless the square is occupied. If the square is occupied by a standing player, the player may attempt to catch the ball just like the bounce at the end of regular Blood Bowl kick off (bouncing ball). If the square is occupied by a prone or stunned player or the other ball the new ball bounces once from the square.

The teams continue to play after a touchdown with a new set up only occurring at halftime.

Halftime

At halftime (as in Blood Bowl) the play stops, and the teams set up as described in the set up and play order section. Additionally at half time all KO'd players return to action without rolling. Any players KO'd in the second half do not return to play. Any injured players who were able to regenerate or who were healed by an apothecary can only return to play at halftime.

Actions

Each team may take a blitz action against each of the opposing teams. Each team may make a pass action with each ball, but not twice with one ball. Therefore, a team could instead pass two players with the right stuff skill, or one player and one ball. However, no player or ball can be thrown twice in one turn. Each team may take a hand off action with each ball, but not twice with one ball. Each team may take only 1 foul action per turn against any opponent. However, there is no referee so you cannot get caught. A turnover will still end a turn with all unused actions lost as in Blood Bowl.

Additionally, if a blitz is declared and no block dice thrown, no further blitz actions can be taken against that team this turn. If you fail your Wild Animal roll while declaring to blitz an opponent, you cannot then declare a Blitz against the same opponent until your next team turn. You may refer to this as the Wild Animal rule. When declaring a Blitz against an opposing team, the player must be within range of the intended target to declare said Blitz at all.

Blocks and Fouls

Assists work as in normal Blood Bowl for the players on the teams involved in a block or a foul. However, the other teams may want to get involved as well. A player may assist a block or foul made by an opponent if the only opposing tackle zone they are in is the victim of the block or foul. If they are in any other opposing tackle zones they cannot assist. The only exception to this is if the player has Guard skill they can always assist a block. This applies to fouls in the same fashion as stated above.

You can only foul one opponent per turn

The edge of the field is the crowd just like in regular bloodbowl.

Deathbowl Referees

Referees do not dare appear during a Deathbowl match. So there is no chance of getting caught fouling and all special weapons do not get thrown out of a match

Halfling Master Chefs

During the Death Bowl match Halfling teams will be able to force their opponents to lose rerolls. First they must roll 3 D6s to determine how effective the Chef will be. For each successful roll they must roll another D6 to randomly determine which opponent will be affected. Using large fans the chef and his assistant manage to blow the delicious smells into their opponents dugouts and the other teams that are unaffected just get a tantalising yet non-distracting whiff of the marvellous culinary creations.

Ball Handling - Passing, Handoff's & Interceptions

No player may at any time be in possession of more than one ball. Anytime a player with a ball interacts with the other ball resolve the situation as if he/she/it had the No Hands skill. The player may not drop the ball he has to attempt to pick up the other. A team may pass and hand-off each ball once a turn. A team may not, however, pass or hand-off the same ball more than once in the same turn, as in the standard rules of the game.

The ball may at no time be passed across any of the four corner squares. To determine this when passing a ball, the entire range ruler must be on the playable Pitch area. This also includes any throw team-mate

Interference/Interception

If players from different teams are eligible to make an interference/interception the player closest to the throwing player may make the attempt first. If two or more players are equally close than the coaches roll off to determine which player may make the first attempt. If the first player fails to interfer/intercept the next player gets a chance, if the second player fails to make and interfer/interception a player from the third team gets a chance. However, each team may only make one attempt. If an interception attempt is successful and followed by a successful "cloud burster" roll, a team who has not yet attempted to intercept can still try with one of their players. Cloud Burster may be used on all successful interfered/interceptions in any given turn. For example, a pass may be interfered/intercepted 3 times, each time by a player from a different team; the thrower gets to roll for safe throw in each case.

Tournament Points

1st Place 40
2nd Place 30
3rd Place 20
4th Place 10

1st place CAS 5 (no ties, only awarded if there is an outright winner)

Ties share points e.g.
4 Way 1st 25
3 Way 1st 30 (4th = 10)

The number one factor in determining how teams place in the standings should still reflect their overall record and Table wins. While we feel bonus points for strong gameplay should still factor in, it should not outweigh the overall record of the competitors. It will still play a part in determining placement but not override the standings completely.

# Tie Breakers
1 Direct Opponent
2 1st place wins
3 TD +/- (Your TDs scored minus TDs scored by opponents)
4 CAS +/- (Your CAS caused minus CAS caused by opponents)
5 Total sportsmanship PTS

Sportsmanship

After each game you must rank your opponents for sportsmanship.
You must give an opponent 1 point, another one 2 points and the last one 3 points

At tournament end you will add a bonus point to one of your opponents. This bonus will only be used in case of a tie.

QUESTIONS
1- Can a team with Riotous Rookies have all the players on the field... YES
2- Can you TTM twice in a turn... YES but 2 different players thrown
3- Can you throw 2 bombs in your turn.. YES

Last edited by Taxal on Oct 13, 2022 - 06:25 AM; edited 43 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
Rando
Post subject: RE: DeathBowl XVII Year of Goblin October 15/16 2022  PostPosted: Jun 21, 2022 - 05:28 PM

Canada
Deathbowl is life. Sign me up.

runki_khrumOffline
Post subject: RE: DeathBowl XVII Year of Goblin October 15/16 2022  PostPosted: Jun 22, 2022 - 09:39 AM

Canada
Make room in the mosh pit for this old fart.

Rats gone wild! (.)(.)

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject: RE: DeathBowl XVII Year of Goblin October 15/16 2022  PostPosted: Jun 24, 2022 - 01:53 AM

Undisclosed
Please add me to the list of attendees. Smile

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: DeathBowl XVII Year of Goblin October 15/16 2022  PostPosted: Jun 24, 2022 - 05:06 PM

Canada
Put me on the list. Please make sure it is above Chewblocka. That guy needs to learn his place and know that I rule over him.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject: RE: DeathBowl XVII Year of Goblin October 15/16 2022  PostPosted: Jun 25, 2022 - 09:47 AM

Undisclosed

Spazz, upon your claim of ruling over me, I did some extensive research and fact checking. Using the Google search engine I entered some keywords: Spazz, rule, suck, swallow. The first thing that came up after a bunch of videos of bruised throats was this scientific chart that details your ability to rule. Science trumps your fake news, buddy.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: DeathBowl XVII Year of Goblin October 15/16 2022  PostPosted: Jul 01, 2022 - 07:35 PM

Canada
Be mindful of how you talk to your superiors. Need I remind you of what happened the last time we faced off?

(I just went ahead and assumed that the reminder was necessary.)

ChewblockaOffline
Post subject: RE: DeathBowl XVII Year of Goblin October 15/16 2022  PostPosted: Jul 02, 2022 - 11:44 AM

Undisclosed
LMFAO Very Happy

Quote:

Need I remind you of what happened the last time we faced off?

No. However, it would seem that I need to remind you...
Lakeside Cup VII (final tournament) 2013-07-27 Win Chaos Dwarf(Chewblocka) Skaven(Spazzfist) 2 - 0

Additonally:
1. Ryan McKenzie (rando)
2. Colin Keillar (runki khrum)
3. Mark Hickling (chewblocka)
4. Craig Thompson Wood (spazzfist)

Your attempt to undermine truth and democracy shall not go unpunished!

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: DeathBowl XVII Year of Goblin October 15/16 2022  PostPosted: Sep 29, 2022 - 06:45 AM

Canada
Due to unforeseen circumstances it is very possible that i will not be able to get official tournament dice to give out as swag.
I might receive them but it will be at the last minute so I am asking that you make sure to have D6s with you.
Remember that only official GW/NAF are allowed....no homemade style

metalpunk123Offline
Post subject: RE: DeathBowl XVII Year of Goblin October 15/16 2022  PostPosted: Sep 30, 2022 - 01:08 PM

Canada
Hi/ Bonjour,

I just subscribe to deathbowl today. Very excited. I'm from Montreal and i hear about this event at coupe des 4 nations.
I'm looking for a ride and possibly some folks who's gonna sleep in Gatineau. I can can bring a mat and a sleeping bag to sleep on the floor at the hotel.

I'm kind of broke but i can pay for my share. Smile

Thank you,

Solo

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: DeathBowl XVII Year of Goblin October 15/16 2022  PostPosted: Oct 04, 2022 - 08:06 AM

Canada
Hey Solo,

I am heading up early (about noon) on Friday to setup the tournament and have room in my car if you can make it early. Also I found you a spot at my buddies house where I am staying for the weekend

Let me know

Dan Chaput

metalpunk123Offline
Post subject: RE: DeathBowl XVII Year of Goblin October 15/16 2022  PostPosted: Oct 04, 2022 - 04:54 PM

Canada
OMG! Thank you so much good sir! It will be perfect for me. If I can give you a hand to help for the organisation of the tournament on Friday let me know.

I have never organised a tournament, but i am full of potential.

Thank you!!! May Nurfle bless you dice!

Solo Fugère

Buffalo_ChrisOffline
Post subject: RE: DeathBowl XVII Year of Goblin October 15/16 2022  PostPosted: Oct 05, 2022 - 10:25 AM

Canada
It's coming soon!!!

Can't wait to you guys! Smile

Who won a mini death bowl? Me! (the only one in the world :> :> :> )

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: DeathBowl XVII Year of Goblin October 15/16 2022  PostPosted: Oct 05, 2022 - 11:39 AM

Canada
      Quote:

Who won a mini death bowl? Me! (the only one in the world :> :> :> )

touche mon chum...HAHAHAHAHA

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: DeathBowl XVII Year of Goblin October 15/16 2022  PostPosted: Oct 06, 2022 - 06:17 AM

Canada
Here is the list of raffle prizes

1. Painted Halfling team (mushroom figures) -donated by Steven Fourney
2. BB logo -donated by Jean-Francois Debray
3. GW Undead team box -donated by Tracy Champniss
4. GW Khorne team box -donated by Mario Robert
5. Labmasu Games Necromantic team -donated by Labmasu
6. Maelstrom pitch (Blocksfam) -donated by NAF
7. Greebo beast of nurgle -donated by Meerkul Moggins aka Martyn
8. ???

If you cannot make it but still wish to donate money to the Cancer Society and get a chance to win somecool prize just send me the list in order you would like to win. If your name comes out I will put aside the next gift on your list.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic