NAF Logo
leftstar May 14, 2024 - 04:29 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
You're right, he does have very long legs. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KhaineOffline
Post subject: Lich Purple and how to Shade it.  PostPosted: Sep 08, 2003 - 11:54 PM

I'm going to do a lich purple human team. Problem is I DOn't know what color I should use to shade and highlight it. I'm going to use gold metals and a splash of green on the uniforms <don't ask why I like gold purple and green together> and any help with shading the purple would be appreciated.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 09, 2003 - 06:59 AM

Toronto, ON
Hmm sounds like a cool combo to me.

For a quick and easy way to shade Liche Purple I'd probably use white to mix in with it for the highlights and black for the shadows followed by a glaze of purple ink.

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 09, 2003 - 07:02 AM
Former President

England
Depends how deep you want to keep the purple. In the past I've used Liche purple as a base and highlighted up using progressively lighter Liche Purple/Warlock Purple mixes.

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 09, 2003 - 12:36 PM

I'm going for a nice shiny Brand new uniform look. I Have a glaze I used on my necromunda figures that gives it a slight Glowing look. I would like to keep it nice and dark and decently rich looking.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 09, 2003 - 02:04 PM

Toronto, ON
In that case I would start with a very dark purple and highligh p to just straight Liche Purple.

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 09, 2003 - 07:37 PM

Thanks alot of the suggestions Smile I'm goinog to go with a Darker Regal looking VERY dark purple, and then lighten it up to lich purple with some shading <Haven't painted for a while so this should be interesting Smile>

KhaineOffline
Post subject: Bronze and how to make it a tiny bit lighter with shading.  PostPosted: Sep 15, 2003 - 10:50 PM

How can you lighten Bronze just a step without having to repaint the model? Is a lighter wash of maybe a bronze mized with white or silver enough to lighten it a tiny bit. I painted Bronze/Lich Purple/Sunburst Yellow, and well the blitzers just are too dark now. Or would just a drybrush lightly on just the ends of the armor brighten it up a bit? I love Bronze for some reason and the color just does wonders for models imho but it is a bit dark..

lackeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 16, 2003 - 04:34 AM

I'd just drybrush with silver, it should work.

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 16, 2003 - 04:37 AM

England
Highlight up from bronze to mithril silver. If you then give it a brown ink wash it will then get a nice rich oiled look. You may want to do another mithril silver highlight over the top again. This will lighten up the bronze quite well.

The model will remain quite dark though. Usually a nice bright skin tone for the face and hands is enough, but the dark elves wear gloves and their helmets cover most of their faces. However being too dark is rarely a problem with them, it is after all characteristic of this race.

joker_BBBLOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 25, 2003 - 07:31 AM

France

i'v painted some skavens with lich purple, and hilight is made with Tint Pink cant remember the exact name

KaduCOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 25, 2003 - 04:24 PM

France
      joker-BBBL wrote:
hilight is made with Tint Pink cant remember the exact name

Tentacle Pink probably Wink

joker_BBBLOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 26, 2003 - 07:15 AM

France

yes thats right Smile thx kaduc

cataphractOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 25, 2003 - 06:11 AM

yeah I did genestealers liche purple base mix up to tent pink highlights

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 11, 2003 - 02:05 AM

To shade Liche Purple, try mixing in some Dark Angels Green (sounds weird but theoretically it should darken the purple without dulling it). For highlighting it, use Tentacle Pink. If you're really ancient and have an old pot of Tittilating Pink lying around somewhere (I do Wink), use that mixed together with Tentacle Pink for a richer highlight colour.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 11, 2003 - 02:08 AM

For Bronze, try a basecoat of Tin Bitz followed by Brazen Brass, highlighted with a 50/50 mix of Brass and Mithril Silver and then some pure Mithril at the very edges. To get weathered bronze, give it a glaze with watered down Jade Green (no longer produced by GW Crying or Very sad ) or use Jade Green as base colour underneath the Tin Bitz...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic