NAF Logo
leftstar May 15, 2024 - 08:20 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Casualty! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GamethymeOffline
Post subject: Changing Standard Undead to Necromantic Undead  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2003 - 01:18 PM

United States of America
I'm running a small league in Western Washington (USA), and with all the rumors that the standard Undead team is going away to be replaced with the Khemri and Necromantic undead teams, well ... we have an undead team.

After much discussion within the League, I need input from more experienced players.

This assumes Standard Undead changing to Necromantic Undead

Changing Skeletons to Zombies is simple. Just change 2 stats on each, and we're all good.

Losing 2 Ghouls and 2 Mummies and replacing with 2 Flesh Golems and 2 Werewolves is more complex.

Cash in Mummies & Extra Ghouls for Original Purchase Price - 10k (Cost of Assistant Coach). Set the $$ aside - it can ONLY be spent on Replacing Players in those roster slots. But it still counts against Team Rating

Give the SPP (and acquired skills and injuries) to the NEW players stepping into their slots. If an acquired skill matches a pre-existing skill (For example, if one of the Ghouls picks up the 'catch' skill), then pick another appropriate skill for that player.

The Mummies roster slots would open for the Flesh Golems, and the Ghouls to the Werewolves. (Admittedly, that means the WW are more likely to be "damaged" from injury than their stats would reflect because of the change in the AV. And the Golems are less likely to be "Damaged." - for the same reason.

I <i>think</i> that balances okay, but I'm not sure.

(BTW - If you're in Western Washington and interested in joining, we've got plenty of room)

Reply with quote Back to top
TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 28, 2003 - 02:51 PM

I think you'll be fine if you swap the SPPs and allow the coach to transfer each player's skills.

-Chet

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 28, 2003 - 04:49 PM
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl

I say just keep it as the undead the coach wants to use. After all, it will not be exactly 'earth-shattering' if the rest of the world has changed a bit, after all, it is a fantasy world where communication over far distances is difficult.... If the rules do change then let him play to the end of the season and then let him start a 'new, re-invigerated' team using the new rules.

OR

Use the 'new' necromantic team rules and then the guy will have to adjust his stats/rules as appropriate if they are made official...

224th at The World Cup II

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 28, 2003 - 07:07 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Your other choice is to let the team attrition out.

So if he loses a Mummy or a 3rd or 4th Ghoul to retirement or death he cannot buy a new one. IE Flesh Golems must be hired for lost Mummies and Werewolves for lost Ghouls. ...

Skelteons ... change their name to Zombies but leave their stats the same as the original Skeletons again let the team attrition out for these players. They are just faster, fragiler zombies until they buy it for good.

Will he have a wierd team for a bit ... yes ... but it will let him gradually slide into the Necromantic team rather than full stop transfer to it.

Galak

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 28, 2003 - 09:39 PM

Undisclosed
My first choice would be to let the player keep his current roster. It's balanced, so who cares what the "official" decision is?
If you must change, I'd go for attrition, as Galak said.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 28, 2003 - 11:09 PM

I would do it the same way Galak described.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 29, 2003 - 03:26 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I'd not bother and just let him keep playing a balanced team.

If you have to do it, Galak's suggestion might work but you do end up with the problem of potentially having 2 Werewolves and 2 Mummies. A bit less balanced than the necro team.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 29, 2003 - 05:12 PM

Of course, Galak's suggestion implied (or at least that's how i read it and that's my suggestion too) that you can have max 2 mummies/flesh golems and 4 ghouls/werewolves.

Otherwise you're giving him an unfair advantage...

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2003 - 06:24 AM

As a league commissioner, all of these strike me as good ideas. If they all strike you in similar fashion, you should talk to the player and ask him what he'd like to do. They'll all get you to the same place eventually. (Well, the suggestion to keep the team won't. But your original post assumed a change, so I guess that's out anyway.)

Good luck!

-Chet

McDethOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 31, 2003 - 07:55 AM

Do what hopefully most others should do.

House Rule that the old un dead team is still official

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic