NAF Logo
leftstar May 16, 2024 - 07:12 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
For sale: Stadium... slightly used. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pfootiOffline
Post subject: Another alternate ag[e]ing system  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2003 - 02:41 PM

hey list. I think this idea has been done before (probably better), but here's my idea for an alternative to aging. Starting on the 31 SPP skill roll and thereafter, you roll on this table (which isn't really a table yet, but will eventually probably be a D66 table, once I work out all the ideas)

Stat Decrease:
-1 MA
-1 ST
-1 AG
-1 AV

Negatrait (or equivalent ruleswise with different fluff, such as take
root):
Bonehead
Wild Animal
Take Root
Really Stupid

New negatraits:
Rickety: The player cannot be set up on the pitch unless the team apothecary is available (so if it has been used, you can't use this guy anymore)
Scared: The player will not move into any square with more opposing TZs on it than friendly (counting his own)
Ego: The player will not set up on the pitch with any other Ego players
Greedy: The player gives you a permanent -10k income penalty (even if he misses the game due to a NI or MNG) until fired
Badmouth the Fans: The team has its effective FF reduced by 1 while the player is on the roster (although the actual FF is used for TR calculations, the adjusted FF is used for Gate and Kickoff events)
Stop coming to practice: The player can no longer use TRRs (like a Big Guy)
Peaked: The player still gains SPPs, but never gets another skill (or ages again)
Announcer deal: The player leaves the team, getting deleted from the roster, but the team gains +2 FF from the positive press that he keeps generating
The Shakes: The player can no longer hold the ball. He automatically fails any pickup/catch roll, and if he is given the ball some other way (say by a touchback), it automatically scatters from his square instead.
Slowing Down: The player needs to roll a 3+ to succeed at a GFI
Contrary: In order to put the player on the pitch, you need to burn a reroll.
Fan's Target: If the player ends his move on the sideline, someone throws a can of beer at him, every time. Roll as if he was hit by an unassisted ST2 block. If he falls, it is _not_ a turnover.

Some positive traits:
Captured the Fan's Hearts: +1 FF while the player is on the roster
Team Captain: Player counts as an assistant coach for Kickoff Events
Play for the love of the game: The player's cost no longer counts toward the TR (but his SPPs still do)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 04, 2003 - 12:33 AM
Da Warboss

England
some of those ideas look pretty interesting - will be waiting for your finished table with anticipation Smile

NAF #60

ApedogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 04, 2003 - 11:46 AM

Indigo wrote:
some of those ideas look pretty interesting - will be waiting for your finished table with anticipation Smile

Second that, there's some good ideas here.

Boom! He's on his back!

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 04, 2003 - 02:35 PM

Very interesting get the table out before january so I can use it in my league Smile rofl.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic