NAF Logo
leftstar May 14, 2024 - 01:46 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Make blocks, not dodges. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SBGOffline
Post subject: Regarding $$ and Crowd Injuries  PostPosted: Nov 12, 2003 - 01:35 PM

Canada
Hi guys!

Last season, we experimented with simple stadium rules : you get a +1 on the winnings table and -2 on Injury roll made by the crowd when you played home games.

I was thinking of something more linked to the FF. For the winnings, I thought that the team with the most FF should get more money. Whatever the difference in FF is, the team with the highest FF would get the +1, whether you play home or not.

For crowd injuries, I thought that you could add or substract the difference to the injury rolls. I was thinking of Difference/2, rounded down. So, a FF 9 playing a FF 8 doesn't modify the Injury rolls by the crowd. But a FF 15 playing a FF 9 would give a +/- 3 to those rolls (+3 to the FF 9, -3 to the FF 15).

Remember, I'm not rooting for this to become official; those are house rules we implement to spice it up a bit more and take into account the FF more often than only on Kick-off rolls.

Good idea or not? Do you think it would be too harsh?

Fred

Reply with quote Back to top
TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject: Re: Regarding $$ and Crowd Injuries  PostPosted: Nov 12, 2003 - 02:08 PM

Too harsh on the crowd injury roll. As for Gate, a team with a higher FF always brings in more fans - and thus more money - every game. Relative to the team with the lower FF, they'll get more money more consistently. I can't see giving them an extra 10K each game. I certainly can't imagine why I'd give an extra 10K to my league's FF leader every game - and last I checked, I wasi that leader. The top dog has enough benefits, IMO.

-Chet

SBGOffline
Post subject: Re: Regarding $$ and Crowd Injuries  PostPosted: Nov 12, 2003 - 02:18 PM

Canada
      Tutenkharnage wrote:
Too harsh on the crowd injury roll. As for Gate, a team with a higher FF always brings in more fans - and thus more money - every game. Relative to the team with the lower FF, they'll get more money more consistently. I can't see giving them an extra 10K each game. I certainly can't imagine why I'd give an extra 10K to my league's FF leader every game - and last I checked, I wasi that leader. The top dog has enough benefits, IMO.

-Chet

So you would stick with the house rule we previously had of +1 winnings for home team and -2 to injury rolls on home team, or event that would be too harsh?

Fred

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 12, 2003 - 05:55 PM

I think that +1 on winnings in the current monetary state of the rules is too much.

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 13, 2003 - 12:02 PM

I agree with Zombie: handing out free money isn't in line with the current rules. If you want to add that for variety in your house league, then +1 for the home team isn't bad. It's equitable, at least.

Regarding pushes into the crowd...I dunno. I doubt that would come up very often. I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. If it works for you guys, knock yourselves out! (Or don't, at -2.)

-Chet

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic