NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 03:53 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Wez got ur coach. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ChargerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 06, 2003 - 01:09 AM

I bought 2 boxes of the "Swamp Monsters" to make a team. Probably the easiest conversions I've ever done. I actually had a 14 lizardman team assembled and painted in 3 days (that's not working straight through, either.) I still don't have my head coach done yet, though. I really suck at using that Kneadatite putty so I can't get a cool hat sculpted for him.

Oh, and I have a question:
Can Skaven throwers use Plasma Pistols?? According to my brother's latest conversion they can...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 06, 2003 - 02:02 AM

Undisclosed
      Hangus wrote:
having trouble with wights thou if any suggestions

Not plastic, but a friend used the Ringwraiths from GW LOTR range.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 06, 2003 - 02:04 AM

Undisclosed
      Charger wrote:
Oh, and I have a question:
Can Skaven throwers use Plasma Pistols?? According to my brother's latest conversion they can...

LOL

I think the ref would send the player of sooner rather than later, just cos of the smell of cooking players Laughing

KLKOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 31, 2003 - 06:52 AM

Colombia
I have a lizardmen team converted. I use a dragogre as a kroxigor.

ChargerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 01, 2003 - 06:40 AM

When I created by Kroxigor I initially used a Ral Partha Vulture Dragon (my league is not picky on the brand of minis that are used.) He was a little big, however and towered over all the other big guys. And when he fell down he took up about 12 squares.

I now use a wierd lizard- thing from the Vampire minitures line. Not as GW lizardman-like as I'd care, but a nasty looking creature none-the-less.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 01, 2003 - 07:06 AM
Da Warboss

England
Shocked winged nightmares IIRC - they're frickin' huge...

NAF #60

OdoGoodgrubbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 19, 2003 - 10:46 AM

Yes, plastics definitely are great for conversions. I am finishing up my human team right now, which uses parts from about six different regiments sets, plus other custom plastic parts I made from Evergreen Scale Modelling materials. As soon as its painted, I'll post a pic.

I am also busy converting an Arabian team, an Orc team, plus various referees. I have a Khemri team half-done....actually, its a halfling Khemri team (undead halflings)! For these I used the skeleton regiment heads, arms, and feet, and used the night gobbo bodies. I'll add Khemri-type bits and sculpt on some other details.

I am toying with making a plastic Snotling team (using the old WH Quest figs) and supplementing them with metal figs where needed.

Lots of work to do! Very Happy

SineaterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 12, 2004 - 06:32 PM

Ya know while i liked the plastic BB orc they just did not look mean enough, and the metal ones all looked mongaloid to me. I made my orc team out of a mixture of fantasy orcs and 40k orcs.

SturmjarlOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 15, 2004 - 01:18 PM

Undisclosed
Hey all,
I also believe plastic rules, especially as a cheaper, easily accessible, unique, and easier-to-convert. All the above are great examples. Here are mine.

Necro team using
1. Zombies=obvious
2. Werewolves=human lineman or ORC from either fantasy or 40k boxset with giant wolf head and tail.
3. Golems=orc or black orc painted grey could work with come conversion
4. Ghouls=converted human catcher or even just the glove added to a zombie could work
5. Wights=Human blitzers can work. Maybe even human lineman with a head swap from a skelly.

Vampire thralls can be made with the Human linemen painted "ghastly" or some head swaps with zombies/skellys

I ALWAYS suggest Khemri players get the plastic khemries rather than the metals. Mummies would probably need to be metal, BUT you could always throw some greenstuff or white glue and gauze over a skelly.

Dwarves=Dwarves except slayers oh well

Chaos dwarves can become QUITE unique depending what you use.
Dwarves=Good Dwarves painted with grey skin and dark colors or even head swap with chaos warriors
I plan on using 2nd Dungeaonbowl dwarfs with spiky bits added.
Use your imagination for hobbos. Goblins, Beastmen, weird painted skaven, and head swabs among ALL the above.
Bull centaurs can be tricky. Maybe dwarf bodies on headless boars!??

MorgrimJawbreakerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 22, 2004 - 03:54 AM

I have almost finished painting my orc team which has been made form bitz and pieces from my bitz box.......basically i have 2 night gobbo based gobs and 2 common ones......2 orc lineman from various orcy parts..inlcuding the metal chamions sword off the boar boyz.....cut the blade of and its instant knuckleduster!......my blitzers are new black orcs with normal bald orc heads and my black orcs are well, black orcs but my favourite is my team captain blitzer........I used the body of the orc riding the new wyvern and adjusted his legs with a dremel and green stuff..........i cut the axe out of his right arm and he is pointing...toped offf with Grimgors head he looks awesome (dont know where half of my bitz came from!).....once i have him painted i will post an image of him......cheapest Team i ever did!

Morgrim

GerbilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 01, 2005 - 07:28 PM

try using dark eldar legs for the high elf team but u can make almost any taem out of plastics exept for Amazons, CD, Halflings, Vamps & necro i think.

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 02, 2005 - 05:09 AM

Undisclosed
CD's can be made out of plastics, just not the stupid Big Hat version.

(Oh, and thread necromancy! Laughing )

RawMessiahOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2005 - 02:24 PM

I'm almost(!) ready with my 19(!) Cadian/BB-figures. It's a lot of work but gives you a lot more value for the effort when a team is ready. I can, if anyone is interested, post a few picz then when I'm ready with it.
I decided to make 19 so I can replace a dead Blitzer with a Lineman if needed (I'm always hoping to keep a team of #1-11 on the pitch, on all times - if that makes any sense Smile ).

Justin_KaseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 07, 2005 - 08:35 PM

Suprised no one has mentioned one of the easiest, and the one that has been available the longest.. undead.

I had made an old undead team with the Hero Quest minis back in '90, and more recently a Khemri team out of a mix of the Skeleton, Zombie and Tomb King Skeleton box sets. The mummies are metal (from WGoA), but I did start to make my own mummies by wrapping up skeleton and zombie bits with GS, though it got a bit too tedious Razz

FILAMENTOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2007 - 10:10 AM

I'm using a combination of Chaos Marauders and Empire Militia boxes with bits from plastic BB Humans for a pair of human street ball and/or Blood Bowl 7s teams.

(This thread wll never die!)

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic