NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 09:53 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Leap over this you Wood Elf scum! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spreeOffline
Post subject: Making a blood bowl pitch  PostPosted: Mar 03, 2003 - 09:01 PM

Has anyone here made a blood bowl pitch?? I am going to attempt to make one so if anyone could share their experiences with what are good materials or what has worked or their general hobby skills then that would be good.

Here's what I'm thinking - I'd use the same fold out board design as we get in the boxed set. The materials I'm think of using are;

* 4 equal sized pieces of tough cardboard around 3mm thick. (perhaps another material would be better?)
* A roll of fake turf/grassy type stuff..like what people would use on a model rail set or for Warhammer games. Large enough to cover the whole pitch.

So what I'd do is measure the dimension of the BB board. Cut the cardboard quarters to the correct size. Cut the turf to fit. Measure the square's and paint them on.

What I'm not sure on is the best way to stick it all together. I'm thinking craft glue to stick the turf to the cardboard and something like black electrical tape to tape down the side's of the turf that hang over the edge of the card. But will this be good enough to hold it together?

Any thoughts?

Reply with quote Back to top
Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 04, 2003 - 12:48 AM

Undisclosed
Spree, there was a couple of threads about this on TBB. Unfortunately, I can't get on it at the mo to give you the links.

One important thing that was posted was that the squares aren't all the same size. Really! Meaure them and find out.

There was an article about it in BB Mag #4. See if you can check it out.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

mikeyc222Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 04, 2003 - 02:24 PM

check out the custom pitch on my league's site.
www.xbbl.com
one of our guys doesn't have a job so all he does is sit around and make stuff for blood bowl all day.

spreeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 05, 2003 - 03:34 PM

Darkson wrote:

One important thing that was posted was that the squares aren't all the same size. Really! Meaure them and find out.

Thanks for the heads up on that issue. But I've gotten around it by laying see-through baking paper over the board and marking the crosses on each and every corner!!

What I'll do now is poke a small hole through each cross, tape the grass mat to a board, tape the board marking 'stencil' over the top of that...take it out the back and spray with white or black paint..undecided which would look better.

I think I might scrap the plan to glue it to strong cardboard and just keep it as a roll-up board!

GrotemuisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 06, 2003 - 08:47 AM

Netherlands
I made a board out of coal. It's pitch black Wink

ChargerOffline
Post subject: Blood Bowl AstroGranite pitch  PostPosted: Mar 06, 2003 - 11:27 PM

I'm using some Hirst Arts molds to make a Blood Bowl pitch. I'm using 1" flagstone tiles with 1/16" floor tile spacers in between. I'm also using a fieldstone wall mold to build dugouts and a low wall around the pitch. It's taken a long time, however because all of the tiles need to be cast by hand in the molds, and I need to do about 60 casts from 2 molds. BOOOORRRRRRIIIINNNNNNGGGGG!!!Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 07, 2003 - 12:36 PM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
Make the pitch on One piece of wood.

That makes it waaay stronger

There's a nice quide in one of the last Citadel Journals.

TravellerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2003 - 06:38 AM

Germany
Hi Charger,

i´m just waiting for some moulds from Hirst. Mainly i will use them for the diorama i want to build, but i kept them for my pitch in mind , too. I just want to use them for my dugouts. The field will be "grass". I got kids, which will do... hopefully... the boring part of this job Twisted Evil

Traveller

SlaughteramaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 13, 2003 - 01:03 PM

Im making one with 1" thick foam insulation. I used a dremel with a drywall cutter on it to score the lies, and painted it with textured sand-paint like in the BB mag. One thing I was wondering though, I wanted to make the squares a little bigger to accomodate big guys better, but that would change the length of pass template. Have you made a new template, or did you just make the squares the same size?

PyriusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2003 - 10:33 AM

Slaughterama wrote:
One thing I was wondering though, I wanted to make the squares a little bigger to accomodate big guys better, but that would change the length of pass template. Have you made a new template, or did you just make the squares the same size?

I made a new rangeruler.

Nukkel_Dragrrr
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 17, 2003 - 08:46 PM

I'll be using 1/4 inch foam board (styrofoam layer sandwiched between sheets of poster board) to make a 3D Dungeon for our season ending game for Season XVIII this Autumn.

There is some potential for the WizKids Dungeon tiles, but I am unsure when this will hit retail (I got a sneak peek of their product because I sanction events for their games -- 2 inch tiles that snap together like the slot-car track of my youth -- that might not mean anything to you if you weren't a pre-teen in the early 1970s).

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic