NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 03:08 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Where did that Slann guy go? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 03, 2004 - 07:56 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Zombie wrote:
      GalakStarscraper wrote:
      Zombie wrote:
We all know that the team we have now won't be the official team one year from now anyway.
Zombie ... care to place a wager on this one???

Sure, if you're into giving away stuff for free! What's up for grabs?

You name the wager ... I've got access to most things ... but don't know what you would want. I'll tell you this Zombie ... its a sucker bet. IMO. I really don't want to take whatever you are willing to put up.

Why am I sure that this is a sucker bet. My league helped with the playtesting ... a LOT of leagues have chimed in with playtesting results. FUMBBL has been using these rules for Vampires and they are not showing the long term problems that you suggest. I took the 10 most played Vampire teams from FUMBBL and this is the result:
Average TR: 201
Average games played: 32.7
Ave. TR growth per a game: 3.1
Ave Win/Tie/Loss record: 13.1/6.9/12.7

In other words ... we really have a LOT of playtest data Zombie that this team is fine. Especially to me when you look at that 3.1 ave TR growth ... that not a high number at all. But .....

If you really are convinced that the BBRC will change the team rules in the 2005 Rules Review other than the 3 possible tweaks to Hypnotic Gaze that I mentioned ... how about this.

For the Spike tournament next year ... assuming that there will be a T-shirt included with the event. If I lose and the Vampire team is changed in anyway other than the above noted HGaze changes, I'll pay double for the T-shirt. If I win, you hand over the T-shirt for free.

Tom

Reply with quote Back to top
Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 03, 2004 - 08:14 AM

United States of America
I think the injurey rule to a thrall would work for regenerate if it was a CAS roll. ie straight to CAS roll for the regen. otherwise it's just crap. and make it mandatory too....vamp doesn't get a choice not to use Regen on a BH

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 03, 2004 - 08:33 AM

England
For me it would be a CAS roll, but I'm a little reluctant to make it mandatory. It doesn't feel right that a Vampire Lord wouldn't have a say in whether he lets one of his Thralls get sacrificed just to keep one of his minions going. Do you really think that it is necessary?

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 03, 2004 - 08:37 AM

Canada
Who's to say that it must happen? Sure, is the coach does not want to give the vamp a chance to regenerate, then why should he?

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 03, 2004 - 09:53 AM

United States of America
because then it's only affecting 1 in 3 cas.....they wouldn't regen miss next games or BH...just stat gimps or Deaths. figure an average of 2 cas taken a game....one MIGHT be on a vamp....so it only comes up once in 3 games? totally worthless rule.

Also these are crazy ass vamps....they don't control themselves.

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 03, 2004 - 10:33 AM

England
Well I think that really depends on how badly the coach wants his Vampire on the field. I think there are enough situations where I would regenerate a badly hurt Vampire. Certainly if I only had a few I'd be quite likely to feel I needed the Vampire more than the Thrall.

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 03, 2004 - 02:48 PM

United States of America
still a worthless rule that comes up maybe 1 in 2 games vice the possible 1 in 2 turns now.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 03, 2004 - 04:50 PM

GalakStarscraper wrote:
For the Spike tournament next year ... assuming that there will be a T-shirt included with the event. If I lose and the Vampire team is changed in anyway other than the above noted HGaze changes, I'll pay double for the T-shirt. If I win, you hand over the T-shirt for free.

Sure. Double what you paid this year, or nothing at all. The bet is on!

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 03, 2004 - 04:53 PM

Actually, i just remembered i probably won't go to the Spike! next year. Anything else you wanna bet?

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 04, 2004 - 07:52 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Zombie wrote:
Actually, i just remembered i probably won't go to the Spike! next year. Anything else you wanna bet?

$30 of my money paypal'd to you if you win.

You don't say a negative comment about the Vampire team for one year in any online forum if I win (UNLESS it involves honestly trying to help someone with strategy with the team and you are describing how to overcome a weakness of the team). If I can catch a single truely negative comment about the team. I post it and if the forum you posted it on agrees that it breaks the bet then you owe me $20.

That would work for me.

Galak

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 04, 2004 - 08:03 PM

Canada
Okay boys, now that you have your bet sorted out.....

I tried the vampire team again tonight this time trying them with a 2 vampire configuration and they worked MUCH better!

I guess part of it was just my being lucky with the OFAB rolls, but I found that the vampires working to support the efforts of the thralls which worked very nicely. Moving in to hypnotize the key players and then getting thralls through the holes created worked like a charm.

The vamps didn't get their hands too dirty unless their strength was really needed or a passing play was required.

Thanks all for your advice!

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 04, 2004 - 10:25 PM

Seems awfully unfair to you. I get $30 if i win, and you might get $20 if you do. Sounds like a no-win situation for you... unless you really think i'm incapable of keeping my mouth shut. And even then, why not the same sum?

You are a BBRC member, and thus one of the 7 people casting their vote a year from now when it must be decided whether the team changes, so i could see how a little uneven would be fair.

Is that Canadian or American dollars? Doesn't matter; the way things are going, in a year's time, they'll be worth the same anyway!

Either way, i'm in.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 05, 2004 - 08:27 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Zombie wrote:
You are a BBRC member, and thus one of the 7 people casting their vote a year from now when it must be decided whether the team changes, so i could see how a little uneven would be fair.

I told you Zombie ... its a sucker bet and I really don't want to take anything from you. However, I would like to hear you quit saying how broken the team is ... so for me this is a fair bet.

Matter closed ... see ya next review.

Galak

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 06, 2004 - 07:11 AM

England
      gken1 wrote:
still a worthless rule that comes up maybe 1 in 2 games vice the possible 1 in 2 turns now.

Huh? How does the team suffer a casualty every 2 turns on the Vampires under the current official rules?

Oh, hang on. You do realise that we are only talking about replacing the regenerate skill with a fluffier version in this latter part of the thread. It wasn't being discussed as a stand alone replacement for OFAB.

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 06, 2004 - 07:27 AM

United States of America
sorry must've missed the conversion from OFAB to being replaced by just regen.

I thought the point was to replace OFAB with the "killer regen"

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic