NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 01:22 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Broken Neck! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JmacOffline
Post subject: Idea for Magic Items being put back in the game...  PostPosted: Mar 10, 2003 - 05:25 PM

I had an idea for magic items being put back into the game. I'ld like your thoughts on them. Here's what I suggest.

During the hire freebooters part of pre-match, you would also be allowed to purchace 1 random magic item. Selected from a table similar to the handicap table. The cost for this magic item would be 50k. I picked 50k for the price because it would keep team from purchacing a magic item every single game (and the number of magic helmets low)...

What do you guys think? Should magic items be put back in? What do you think of my suggestion?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 10, 2003 - 05:53 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Its interesting and has potential ... the version that I currently like that was proposed is at:

http://www22.brinkster.com/angelli/bloodbowl/rules.asp

Click on Magic Items once there.

Galak

mikeyc222Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2003 - 11:15 AM

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Its interesting and has potential ... the version that I currently like that was proposed is at:

http://www22.brinkster.com/angelli/bloodbowl/rules.asp

Click on Magic Items once there.

Galak

i like these rules. personally though, i would like to see special play cards brought back...but that's just me.

JmacOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2003 - 11:51 AM

yeah, i really miss death zone

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2003 - 12:31 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

mikeyc222 wrote:
i like these rules. personally though, i would like to see special play cards brought back...but that's just me.

Sorry ... the cards leaving the game where one of the best changes in the LRB rules in my opinion. I'm all for flavor and adding back in the Secret Weapon rules and rules like the Magic Items from the link I posted, but the cards were a great way for good coaches to get screwed. No thanks, I saw many a good game of BB ruined by a lame card. And I've seen too many times where the favorite (ie the team with 100 more points of TR) get the great cards while the opponent got crap.

So I was very glad to see the cards go as a normal part of the game and as a handicap .... HOWEVER, I do still allow the cards in my league but with very special rules:

http://www.blood-bowl.net/SpecialCoaches.html
and
http://www.blood-bowl.net/Variants/Spellcasters.html

This keeps the cards a very special event in the game and makes a boring part of the team roster more exciting.

Galak

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic