NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 03:20 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Bonehead. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JmacOffline
Post subject: Exception to the 11 man starting roster minimum rule.  PostPosted: Mar 19, 2003 - 02:08 PM

I believe that there should be an exception to the minimum 11 player starting roster. But, I only believe that the Ogre team should be this exception.

The latest version of the roster that I have heard is going to become official is 11 Ogres and 5 Gobbo's. Also with this roster, team rating is doubled for winnings and the handicap table. If this is the case here is the following scenerio for this proposed team.

At a minimum you start with:

6 Ogres 720k
5 Goblins 200k

This leaves you with only 80 to purchace the neccesary things like FF, apoth, RR's, etc..

My arguement here is that they should be allowed to start with less than 11 players. Especialy since they count as twice their normal team rating. This will lead them to making next to zero winnings each game which leads the team into certain doom.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
ZanzerTemOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2003 - 04:06 PM

United States of America

The double team rating is a huge mistake. They went from really good to ABSOLUTELY HORRRRRRRIBLE.

Check out my teams here, courtesy of: FUMBBL.com

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Re: Exception to the 11 man starting roster minimum rule.  PostPosted: Mar 19, 2003 - 08:21 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

philodox wrote:
The latest version of the roster that I have heard is going to become official is 11 Ogres and 5 Gobbo's.

I'm helping test this roster. I think it has the proverbal snowballs chance in hell of becoming official. The only reason its being tested is because JJ asked for it to be. Remember the BBRC is 7 votes and JJ is only one of them.

Galak

BevanOffline
Post subject: Re: Exception to the 11 man starting roster minimum rule.  PostPosted: Mar 19, 2003 - 11:15 PM

philodox wrote:
I believe that there should be an exception to the minimum 11 player starting roster. But, I only believe that the Ogre team should be this exception.
What is everyone's thoughts on this?

My feeling is that if a team can't start with 11 players a reroll and 9FF then there is obviously something wrong with the team.

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 20, 2003 - 08:23 AM
Da Warboss

England
yeah but remember that the point with the ogres is to make them suck, they aren't supposed to be competitive... at least not without repeated exceptional coaching and luck anyway.

NAF #60

JmacOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 20, 2003 - 12:12 PM

Indigo wrote:
yeah but remember that the point with the ogres is to make them suck, they aren't supposed to be competitive... at least not without repeated exceptional coaching and luck anyway.

If this is the case, then why even bother with all the fuss to create this team? If they are going to be nerfed to a miserably pathetic team, why would anyone even spend the time & energy to purchace, paint, and play with the Ogres?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 21, 2003 - 07:57 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

philodox wrote:
If this is the case, then why even bother with all the fuss to create this team? If they are going to be nerfed to a miserably pathetic team, why would anyone even spend the time & energy to purchace, paint, and play with the Ogres?

For the same reason that many coaches play Goblins and Halflings.

Galak
(a Halfling coach ... although lately I've been playing a lot more "nerfed" Ogre rosters)

Philodox .. check out this site:
http://www.blood-bowl.net/GWTeams/RevisedGWRosters.html

Its has the 3 currently proposed Ogre revisions by the BBRC. Please note that the first 2 are the ones that Jervis has asked to be tested. The 3rd is a control team that if you test it to provide a baseline. The idea ... at the end of the day ... the final team will probably be mix of the 3 teams if we find one is working. Working here means as competitive as a Halfling team according to JJ. In my experience that means a win ratio around 20% of their matches in league play.

Galak

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic