NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 03:12 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Why do 2+ dodges fail so often? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
renuvinOffline
Post subject: how many palstic BB teams can you make?  PostPosted: Feb 16, 2003 - 03:46 PM

i have set myself a task. to create a blood bowl team , almost, purely out of the plastic regiment boxes available.

so far i have:

ORCS. 1 box has made me a full team with with 3 black orcs, 3 blitzers, 2 throwers, and a head coach, 2 assistant coaches and cheerleader. the latter 4 were using the command sprue. i converted a spear and added the skull banner top to show he is the 'head'(thats why he has a skull on a poel to show it) coach. the standard bearer has a play painted on the banner and anoth assistant coach with a stick pointing to it ("no !!! Da play goes like DIS!!!) and the cheerleader is a drummer sat on a stack of shields. ad just for fun i have converted an ogryn into an ogre (painted green like shrek hehe)

SKAVEN. 1 box has made me gutter runners (with fighting claws to help catch the ball), a thrower and storm vermin. i have added a metal thrower (a converted warlock) and storm vermin (clanrat champion) but purely cuz i had the figures spare. seeing you get alot of rats in a box, i am working on coaching staff too.

i am also woking on:

NORSE. chaos marauder plastics look really good for this team and are easy to convert to a team.

DWARF. obvious here, and pretty easy too. mainly using heads to show different positions but using troll slayer figures for trol slayers

HIGH ELF. this one IS tricky...i am having to use both archers and spearmen to get a good look to these but its worth the effort.

has anyone else tried this? it is a cheaper way of making a team, and adds alot of uniqueness to them. it also has the feel good factor cuz you put alot of effort into a team like this

P.S. this is also my first post here, so hello all! Very Happy

Reply with quote Back to top
SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2003 - 02:39 AM

Welcome! Smile

Yeah, I've tried building a plastic Orc team and it got me into the final rounds of last year's Golden Deamon and a best painted team award at the Dutch Open - plastic rules (just make the Black Orcs metal... Wink)
cheers,

Martijn

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
BevanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2003 - 02:29 PM

I used W40K Eldar for a Dark Elf team. However, I made the Blitzers and Witch Elves from W40k Metal minis.

When making Skaven you need to buy two regiments so you have enough spare arms, legs and heads for all the mutants. Razz

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2003 - 03:09 PM

Undisclosed
Don't forget a Goblin team.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

coachblacknifeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2003 - 04:24 PM

Just seen a sweetly done Orc team from the Wh40k Ork Boyz box. Of course the Black Orcs were the WhFB metal ones (just to make 'em look mean), but wow! those iron gobz look great on the Blitzers.

ohiohuskiesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 17, 2003 - 06:27 PM

they sure do...my team im taking to the blood bowl is pure plastic Laughing
will post it as soon as the last figure is done Confused

SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 02:13 AM

Bevan wrote:
I used W40K Eldar for a Dark Elf team. However, I made the Blitzers and Witch Elves from W40k Metal minis.

Yesterday I noticed that one of the new Striking Scorpion models looks like he's squatting down on a line of scrimmage... Might be a cool basis for a BB Elf...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 02:14 AM

coachblacknife wrote:
Just seen a sweetly done Orc team from the Wh40k Ork Boyz box. Of course the Black Orcs were the WhFB metal ones (just to make 'em look mean), but wow! those iron gobz look great on the Blitzers.

I'd love to see such a team Wink

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 03:33 PM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
yeaf don't forget the Gobbo's

Chaos van be done as well.

Use marauders instead of beastmen, warriors as warriors

Lizzies anywhere soon ??

Khemri

renuvinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 05:46 PM

well i did simplify some plastic lizzys for my cousin to try out...wish i didn't now...

smeborgOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 08:01 PM

Chaos Marauders make a great BB team (Norse or Human).

My son showed how to make them a really good side.

Cheers

Smeborg the Fleshless

ChargerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 18, 2003 - 11:31 PM

I used Skaven plastics for my linemen and cheerleaders (complete with pom-poms), but I used Fantasy metal minis for my Rat ogre, head coach, apothecary and gutter runners.

I built my Dark Elf team from a bunch of 40K Dark Eldar Warriors and Incubi I had lying around, with a couple Fantasy Witch Elves thrown in.

My brother used old Hero Quest figs to create an undead team. they weren't the prettiest things in the world, but he was only 13 and it was still GW.

Charger

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  
SquiggothOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2003 - 03:19 AM

I think the Heroquest Undead are amongst the best Undead GW ever did (the Heroquest zombies for example are a lot better than the big-handed, swollen headed, funny hairdo wearing things they call zombies nowadays...).
Anyway, show me some pics of your rats, please (been plundering my bitz boxes for long-lost bits of plastic Skaven yesterday to build a Skaven team myself...)

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2003 - 12:30 PM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
just bought a Rat Ogre for that reason alone ... Rolling Eyes

renuvinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2003 - 04:32 PM

i will get pics up as fast as i can, and for my rat ogre in my original skaven team i used...

MY vermin lord! looks cool and i managed to put him on a standard slotta base 9 he even stands up pretty balanced on it...)

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic